Wednesday 20 December 2006

The lakes finally




thursday morning arrived and I looked out my window and saw Loughrigg and thought Wow!




So off to breakfast it was and there was a beautiful pinky colour to the sky which made it all seem so surreal. I was sat there eating breakfast about to embark on the biggest challenge of my life.


All those times I started a fitness kick and a diet and now I have all these people to keep me on track and the readers to make sure that I do it!


Me and Sarah then remembered that we had sacks of stuff of Santa Clause at Blacks to open!!


So a sneaky word directed at Claire and off we were. Well kid in a Candy Shop I am!!




We had so much stuff - it was fantastic and a real incentive - I now have to keep Blacks happy too!!


So off to get dressed and then meet downstairs ready to start, where Darren introduced us to the best flapjacks in the world - if anyone knows of any better ones please point me in the right direction.




Now it was time - all kitted out and ready to go, after a warm up of a walk which felt like miles and a quick detour in Ambelside we were at the bottom.




we all took our pulses and the pedometers were going abit haywire!! The steep first bit was horrible, we even meet an 80year old man that was in better shape than me (big reality check!)


But I got second wind and off we went with Tom deciding to take some unflattering photos of us (no doubt you'll be able to have a laff in the next few weeks)


It was then that we saw a pile of rocks - didn't look to bad and that's what we were going to scramble. So Tom run(yes really ran) up the pile of rocks and thats when we saw how big they were!!




I'm ever the optomist and knew if I didn't have a go I probably would never do it. So with my little short legs off we went and even though hard work what a sense of achivement. The day was just full of them!




At one point I thought my heart was going to explode, but Darren got me to slow down and it made all the difference. The views were fantastic and what a great day, I meet really nice people and most of all it really helped my head. I was absolutely knackered but I couldn't stop feeling so excited!


I was really disappointed and was hoping to get lost as the next day was Dad's funeral.


So we travelled back to wales to get ready for the next day, here are some photos of loughrigg fell!!

No comments: