Monday 18 December 2006

Devasting

Saturday we went out so I could look for some stuff to take with me to the Lake District as we had received a further email to say that the lovely early christmas present wouldn't be arriving in time.
I had a phone call off my brother to say that prehaps I should be thinking about getting home.
Well I had to sort out staff wages and invoices so I got on with making sure that that was all done. I spoke to the Hospice and was told that Dad had taken abit of a dip, but no need to rush home yet.
So I rang Sunday morning and spoke to my Mum who said that I needed to come home as we only had days left.
We got in the car at about 10am and drove home.
Arrived at the hospice about midday and i saw my Aunties outside. They had come to see Dad but was told that they couldn't go in.
I knew what had happened deep down and went in to the Hospice and saw the Nurse and just said "It's happened hasn't it?" and she just nodded. My dad died at 11.15 aged just 50 years old.
I went in and saw him and the first thing my Mum said to me "Promise me you'll go on Thursday" - the only reason I applied was because I wanted help to get me in a position, fitness and knowledge wise in order to raise money for the Hospices that do so much hard work.

I will carry on tomorrow and bring the blog up to date over the next few days.

No comments: