Monday 18 December 2006

In anticipation

So we were told there was six of us and we were off to Loughrigg Fell in the Lake District.
We should have been in France on hols that week, but we had already cancelled due to Dad being so unwell. So the in-laws were having the kids and it was all systems go.
Had a look on the net saw the place we were going thought that looks lovely, and then we had the kit list - Arrgghh - so much stuff - so expensive. Being a newbie I had very little of the list but most importantly no waterproof jacket!
So it was off to Blacks when the 20% offer was on. I had my eye on a lovely North Face 3in1. So monday morning - dropped the kids off at Nursery and then realised I had forgotten my wallet! But crisis averted was able to get some money and off I went. I even bought a hat and a bag to match - all for under £150. (including trousers from Next as no walking trousers fit me at the moment - too short and too fat!!)

Went back to Wales for a few days and then had an email from Claire from the Mag, Blacks are sponsoring us - yet more screaming and jumping up and down. Very excited phone call to Hubby - who just laughed at me.

So dropped the kids off at the in-laws on the friday and came home to Reading to have a romantic week.

No comments: