Thursday 1 March 2007

Not going to bore you!!

Finally have internet access!!

Well just a brief update - move went somewhat have been working 80+ hours each week at the moment with the business so haven't had much chance to do alot.
The weekend in Wales was abit of an upset for me and on the way home seriously considered coming off the academy - I totally lost the plot and had far too much on really for the weekend. There was tears up Moel Siabhod and then trousers rip on Tryfan.
I felt like a failure - and a little bit alon - except for George my mountain leader who really helped me.

Normally I am enthusiastic and up for anything - but if someone had said to me "would you like to go back to the YHA" then I probably would have jumped off the mountain to get there quicker.
It did teach me though that even thought the outdoors is a good place to clear your head - sometimes there may be just to much to deal with.

But on some good notes - I have lost 6 pounds since that weekend - I am far more active as consitently running around and on my feet.
I have an 8 mile walk in Buckinghamshire on Sunday for Charity and then the week after I am walking from Brecon to Glyneath (through the beacons - 17 miles). This is training for the big one in the next few weeks, Scafell pike, Scafell, Helvyllen and Skiddaw all in 12 hours (arrrghhh)

Have some new boots on order to try this weekend as my lovely merrells may be abit too small and my toes really hurt in Wales (so have admitted defeat - need them for the weekend after)

No comments: