Friday 30 March 2007

A hill with no view!!

Another hill off the top 100!! Kinder Scout was summited today. The landscape looked beautiful through all the mist.

Had no idea what to expect as Claire had told us it was a rolling walk in the Pennines - what!! No mention of the slight scramble??

No seriously I am one of these people that may whinge a bit whilst going up and sets my own pace and may not necessarily enjoy it at the time - but when we've finished I loved it!! I always drive home on a high (but very tired today).
Claire and Tom are fantastic and such lovely, genuine people. they make you feel so comfortable. It's such a shame that Tom won't be joining us on our next trip. My lips are sealed until we have confirmation!

On another note - one thing this trip taught me was - I need to get some more training in. I am secretly pleased that I don't have to do the Lakes 3000'ers this weekend ( I overestimated my fitness) so what I have to do now is abuse the help that Trail will give us from Darren and everyone else and try to priortise my hours and get some proper training in - Can I get another 2 hours in the day please??

So it's off to Ellis this week to book my climbing course (only 4 months late) and Milton Keynes have lots of outdoor climbing walls. Dig the bike out and take it to work so I can go out in my lunch hour and time to dust off the LTT from the move.

I have to remember why I applied for the academy and reassess my priorities (will be easier after 5th April)

On a good note though have lost 2 dress sizes!!!!

No comments: