Friday 6 April 2007

Finally taken the plunge....

Or should that be the climb!! After 5 months of wanting to do it - today I booked my introduction to climbing course. My first lesson will be the 19th of this month. Wanted to get it all sorted before I go on holidays. SO here we go - was watching some children have ago at it today and they made it look so easy. At least the children will be be back in school and wont be laughing at me when I give it a try.

Tried our jetboil today and boy is it fast - my cup of tea and dinner will now be quicker than a flask and sandwiches out on the mountain!

Bought myself a lovely pink life venture thermal mug and elli a 500ml camelbak. Over the last few years we have bought her so many cups and they have all leaked - I know this one doesn't - so well worth the money. Off on a bike ride tomorrow seeing as the weather is gorgeous!!

1 comment:

Darren Christie said...

Sian,
the jetboil is a fantastic piece of kit. And there are a couple of useful accessories you can get for it to. Probably the most important is the coffee plunger, which will allow you to make real coffee with it. The other is the converter that will allow it to be used with other pots and pans. Have a look on the jetboil web site (www.jetboil.com).
I'll be using my jetboil when I cross Scotland next month. The nice thing is that a 100g gas cannister fits nicely into it as well. So no fumbling around for the gas in the rucksack when you stop for a brew.
Good luck with the climbing, you will enjoy it.